A private English tutor can offer an ideal environment for learning English. Sprout’s English tutors, who are all native English tutors/teachers (NET), deliver private tutorials and lessons that are customised to the specific goals of individuals or small groups. Each student’s learning program begins with a detailed needs analysis and evaluation of existing English language skills, vital for result and objective-based learning.
Lesson content is customised to the learner’s needs, and the English tutor will work with you to understand your requirements and preferences. Some common content areas we have worked on in the past include:
|Phonics拼音||Interview Preparation面試準備||Interview Preparation面試準備||Job Interviews工作面試|
|General English通用英語||Trinity / Cambridge聖三一/劍橋||HKDSE香港中學文憑試||IELTS雅思國際英語測試|
|General English通用英語||General English通用英語||General English通用英語|
|1 Student1人||2 Students2人||3 Students3人|
|$400 HKD||$600 HKD||$750 HKD|
All prices are based on 1 hour lessons. 1.5 & 2 hour lesson prices are available upon request.
Private English tutor
I am the Founder and Director of Sprout Learning. I have always loved working closely with students, one-to-one individually, and in small groups, where I am able to better understand the personal needs of each student, their personal background, motivations and learning objectives.
At the beginning of my career I worked in business development, marketing and management. Although a very exciting and challenging part of life, travelling around the world at the time sparked a passion for me in education and teaching.
I decided to return to University where I studied a major in English Literature and a major in Asian Studies: East and South-East Asia. Since then, I have gained significant teaching and assessment experience with a diverse range of students across Hong Kong in Primary and Secondary Education, Vocational Education and Training, and University sectors and I hold a Cambridge University (CELTA) teaching qualification.
My teaching philosophy is grounded in the assertion that ‘Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire’, which is arguably attributed to Irish poet William Butler Yeats.
Benefits of private English tuition
- Results成績 Lessons are specifically designed to achieve personal language learning objectives.課堂是專為個人設計以達到學習目標。
- Ratio師生比例 Individual or small group classes mean you have the absolute attention of your tutor – you are the focus at all times.以個人或小組的形式上課，導師更能專注在你的需求上。
- Immediacy即時互動 Get instant answers to all your questions, detailed explanations and on the spot feedback. Private lessons mean you don’t have to be shy or be held back by a class.導師將會能夠即時回答你所有問題，並能詳細的解答。私人授課意味著你不必顧慮，在意人或受到其他同學進度影響。
- Pace步伐 Slow at learning in some areas but more advanced at learning in others? Lessons are adjusted so you learn at your own pace.課程將會因應你的學習步伐進行調整及配合。
- Talk-time會話時間 You get to talk as much as you want in each lesson. You get the opportunity to talk much more than you would in a larger, less customised class environment. More time to contribute means more intensive learning.以私人授課形式意味著你將會有充足的會話時間，學習機會將會更加密集。
- Privacy隱私 Whether talking about confidential business details or material, or talking about recent school exam results there are times that every student wishes they had more privacy. Private lessons mean you can share any information that helps you reach your specific goals in a private and confidential environment.無論是談論機密商業信息，或最近的學校考試成績，每人總希望能擁有更多私人空間。私人課堂能夠讓你在保密的環境下放心暢談，幫助你達到學習目標。
- Focus集中對焦 No coughs, sneezes, interruptions, distractions or funny looks from other students – It is just you and your tutor!你將不會受到其他學生的影響或干擾，這裏只有你和你的導師！