A private English tutor can offer an ideal environment for learning English. Sprout’s English tutors, who are all native English tutors/teachers (NET), deliver private tutorials and lessons that are customised to the specific goals of individuals or small groups. Each student’s learning program begins with a detailed needs analysis and evaluation of existing English language skills, vital for result driven and objective-based learning.
What We Teach
Lesson content is customised to the learner’s needs, and the English tutor will work with you to understand your requirements and preferences. Some common content areas we have worked on in the past include:
|Phonics||Interview Preparation||Interview Preparation||Job Interviews|
|General English||Trinity / Cambridge||HKDSE||IELTS|
|General English||General English||General English|
All prices are based on 1 hour lessons. 1.5 & 2 hour lesson prices are available upon request.
Face to Face Lessons at Centre
|1 Student||2 Students||3 Students|
|$500 HKD||$700 HKD||$810 HKD|
Private English tutor
I am the Founder and Director of Sprout Learning. I have always loved working closely with students, one-to-one individually, and in small groups, where I am able to better understand the personal needs of each student, their personal background, motivations and learning objectives.
At the beginning of my career I worked in business development, marketing and management. Although a very exciting and challenging part of life, travelling around the world at the time sparked a passion for me in education and teaching.
I decided to return to University where I studied a major in English Literature and a major in Asian Studies: East and South-East Asia. Since then, I have gained significant teaching and assessment experience with a diverse range of students across Hong Kong in Primary and Secondary Education, Vocational Education and Training, and University sectors and I hold a Cambridge University (CELTA) teaching qualification.
My teaching philosophy is grounded in the assertion that ‘Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire’, which is arguably attributed to Irish poet William Butler Yeats.
Benefits of private English tuition
- Results Lessons are specifically designed to achieve personal language learning objectives.
- Ratio Individual or small group classes mean you have the absolute attention of your tutor – you are the focus at all times.
- Immediacy Get instant answers to all your questions, detailed explanations and on the spot feedback. Private lessons mean you don’t have to be shy or be held back by a class.
- Pace Slow at learning in some areas but more advanced at learning in others? Lessons are adjusted so you learn at your own pace.
- Talk-time You get to talk as much as you want in each lesson. You get the opportunity to talk much more than you would in a larger, less customised class environment. More time to contribute means more intensive learning.
- Privacy Whether talking about confidential business details or material, or talking about recent school exam results there are times that every student wishes they had more privacy. Private lessons mean you can share any information that helps you reach your specific goals in a private and confidential environment.
- Focus No coughs, sneezes, interruptions, distractions or funny looks from other students – It is just you and your tutor!